Thursday, June 17, 2010

My grandpa

Grandpa & Kiley - 1980
Grandpa & Kiley - 1997

Today at lunchtime, the boys noticed a picture of my grandpa Esra on the fridge and started asking me questions about him. They asked me what he was like and what were his favorite things to do. I'll never be able to fully describe him in simple words....you just had to know him. I wish they would've had the opportunity to know him because they would've loved him and grandpa would've loved them so much too.

I told the boys that he was one of the funniest people I've ever known and he loved to ride his bicycle backwards and eat red licorice. Then J.D. asked me "Will he still be funny and ride his bike backwards and eat red licorice in heaven?" With my eyes welling up with tears, all I could do was nod my head and smile. I'm so glad we'll see him again someday!

Grandpa with all of his grandkids - 1989
Chad, Darin, Grandpa, Clark, Kiley & Felecia
Playing aggravation at Yosemite -1999
(less than 3 months before he passed away)

2 comments:

E said...

I miss your grandpa. He was such an awesome guy! I'm so thankful this is not our home and we will someday see our grandparents again. It is really hard to see them fading and to know they won't be here forever. But the blessing and legacy they leave does make a lasting impression...even to those who didn't get to meet them personally.

Christy said...

What's Brady doing in a dress? Grandpa's are the best!