Tuesday, June 16, 2009

A Day in San Francisco - May 27th

I'm getting a bit behind in these blogs, but usually when we come home from some activity (like this one), I'm too tired to write about it! So this is from a few weeks ago, but I couldn't pass it up because we had such a great time. (And we took A LOT of pictures! Here are just a few.....)


We left our house at 5:15am to take Uncle Chad to the SF airport. We got there and dropped him off at 7:15 and the boys didn't even sleep on the way there! Then we had a few hours before the Exploratorium opened, so we made our way up Highway 101 and went down Lombard Street and then on to the Coit Tower. The boys had fun walking around and we got some excercise going up and down several stairways near the tower. Then we headed over to Pier 39 and enjoyed some delicious pancakes at the Eagle Cafe. The boys said they were even better than MY pancakes! :) The cafe had paper tablecloths and crayons so the boys busied themselves with drawing masterpieces on our table!


Our next stop was the Exploratorium where we spent most of the day. The boys (and Mike & I!) had SO much fun trying out all the experiments and exhibits. Before we knew it, the afternoon had come and we were getting hungry! We left for about an hour to grab a bite to eat and then went back and stayed until closing. I think we could've easily spent a few more hours there! Then we went outside and walked around the lake and the boys chased pigeons. :)


We drove through the Presidio and then went to Lombard Street again and drove down the curvy road another two times. Then the boys got out and walked down part of it. We made our way back to 101 and the San Mateo Bridge to head for home around 8pm. It was such a long day, but so much fun. We might just have to take a trip there again soon!

2 comments:

Mother Hood said...

Sounds like you had a big day!

Smith Family said...

Hi, Kiley! I'm so glad you found me on Facebook! It is so great to see you and your sweet family! You're so good at putting your pictures up on your facebook! I have yet to do that! I saw the link to your blog and checked it out! I'm much better at keeping up on the blogging thing than Facebook! Our blog is bandksmith.blogspot.com It's so great to see that you're doing so well!