Thursday, February 12, 2009

25 random (and hopefully interesting) things about me

1. I've been married 1/3 of my life. This year is my 30th birthday AND 10th wedding anniversary! (And I love Mike more today than ever! Awwww......) :)

2. I have lived in Lodi for 26 of my 29 years. The rest was in Redding, Salem OR and Grandview WA.

3. One of my life goals is to write a book. I just don't know what it will be about yet. I'll keep you posted....

4. I have huge babies. J.D. was 9 lbs 15 oz (NOT a c-section!) and Colby was 9 lbs 2 oz and two weeks early (He was breech so I had a c-section that time....thankfully!)

5. I have 2 brothers and now 2 sons, so I definitely think it's time for a girl!!!

6. I've always wanted to go skydiving and still plan to....maybe for my 30th birthday?!?

7. On that note, I've never had any broken bones or major accidents.

8. I took piano lessons for 10 years, starting when I was 6. Amd yes, I plan to put my kids through the same torture.

9. I somehow end up doing the things I say I'll never do....like homeschooling.

10. I love inspirational quotes. When I hear a really good one I post it all over the house.

11. A summer is not complete without wakeboarding. I even went when J.D. was 2 months old (yeah, that was fun....)

12. I thought Mike was joking when he proposed, poor guy. He still likes to remind me of that. (In my defense, we had talked about picking out rings together, so I was not expecting him to have one already.)

13. I love organizing stuff. I think it would be a dream job to be a professional organizer!

14. I've always wanted to learn how to play the guitar and drums.

15. I'm obsessed with brushing my teeth. I brush several times a day. If we're camping and I'm not able to brush my teeth, I can't hardly sleep.

16. My spiritual gift is Exhorter/Encourager. Funny thing is, as much as I love encouraging others, I'm really hard on myself.

17. I used to be a preschool teacher and LOVED it, which is probably why I enjoy homeschooling the boys so much at this age.

18. I took 4 1/2 years of Spanish, but now only know a few words. How sad!

19. I do all the yard work, so I'm so happy we tore out the backyard and put in playground bark. No upkeep! (Brilliant idea on my part!) :)

20. I plan to run a 1/2 marathon later this year. There, I said it....now I have to do it!

21. I don't like clowns. They scared me when I was one year old and still do. My biggest fear however, is the fear of failure (of anything).

22. I love scrapbooking and crafty things like that, but hardly ever do it unfortunately.

23. My favorite family tradition is camping at the Santa Cruz coast for Thanksgiving. I have only missed going one year ever.

24. There is nothing I love more than to hang out at home with Mike and the boys. There is nothing better than the sound of them laughing and loving each other!

25. My favorite verse is Zephaniah 3:16 "The Lord your God is with you, He is mighty to save. He will take great delight in you, He will quiet you with His love, He will rejoice over you with singing."

No comments: